Since the last post about category updates, there were quite some changes. In this post I want to summarize the most important changes.
I just published a mini update to OpenStreetBrowser. It includes: Bugfix which slowed loading cached map features, session handling, module upgrades.
As I already expected, someone will notice that I didn't care about longitude -180/180. Recently, User "InsertUser" reported on Github that OpenStreetBrowser stops working, if you wrap over the antimeridian.
Solving this issue was quite tricky. I can report, that everything should work now.
A few days ago, Ivan Seoane showed me weblate - an open source translation management system. Very nice and very suitable for OpenStreetBrowser. I installed it right away, you can find it here: https://weblate.openstreetbrowser.org. Also, Ivan is working on the translation for Galician, which is already available.
This update brings a very exciting feature: You can filter category results by certain criteria. Every category has a filter for the title of the map features (in fact it queries the tags name, operator and ref, including the localized tags like "name:en"). Many categories have additional filters, e.g. for the type of object (Example: filter the emergency category by type, e.g. Police, Fire Station, Hospital, ...). (Requested here: #33, #70)
Gastronomy category filtered for pubs in Birmingham, showing possible additional filters.